Recording non £ sterling payments

If you make or receive payments in currencies other than pounds sterling (GBP), you’ll need to record the amount converted into £ sterling in your records.


The handling of this in inniAccounts is no different to any other transaction you record. Just enter the converted amount in GBP from your bank statement in to your account as normal.


If you have paid for an expense using foreign currency that you have drawn from your personal account, simply convert the value of the receipt into GBP using the exchange rate for the day and enter the item into your Personally Incurred Expenses section of the Quick Entry area.

If you are providing services to a customer based overseas, please read this guide for important information.