In this section, you will find guides on your company and personal tax requirements. You’ll find comprehensive information covering income tax and national insurance rates, advice on how to prepare for the tax year end and guidance on tax codes, self-assessments and financial reports. We’ve also included content on VAT covering from your registration and record keeping through to claiming back VAT on capital assets.
Company and personal tax
- 2018/19 Income Tax & National Insurance rates
- Your guide to personal tax in 2018/19
- Getting ready for the tax year end
- Tax codes explained
- Actions to take before your company year end
- Company and personal tax overview
- Self Assessment Tax Returns and payments
- Self Assessment Tax Returns and rental income
Day to day
- Late filing and payment penalties
- Paying your corporation tax
- Creating financial reports
- Using the higher rate tax calculator
- Payments on account
- Managing IR35 within Public Sector contracts
- Tax-efficient charity donations through your limited company
- P11D – Benefits in kind
- Can I change my company’s accounting date / year end date?
- Are there any penalties for delivering accounts late?
- What is the Accounting Reference Date?
- How long do I have to file my accounts?
- What is a Company Tax Return, CT600?
- When must I pay my corporation tax?
- When is my company tax return due?
- What is Corporation Tax?
- When do I need to pay my self assessment tax bill?
- What is a Self Assessment tax form SA100?
- How do I know how much tax to put aside?
Day to day
- What is the VAT Flat Rate Scheme?
- Managing invoices whilst waiting for VAT registration
- Creating a VAT only invoice
- Claiming back VAT on capital assets over £2,000
- Completing a EC Sales List