How do I register for Online Services?

As agents we will register online with HMRC for all the services you require. This means that you don’t need to register yourself for online services unless you plan to submit your own Self Assessment Tax Returns.

Access to HMRC online services is gained by registering online.

You need to register as an individual for online filing of Self Assessment, and as a company for VAT returns, CT600 & P35 annual tax returns.

You will be sent a unique reference number and password that will allow you to login to the Government Gateway. You must then apply for the individual online filing services described above and will be sent another access code relating to each one that you apply for. You then have to activate the respective services.  Access to the services once registered can be gained using either the Government Gateway or directly on the HMRC Website.

Access to Companies House confirmation statement online ‘Web Filing’ service, is gained by registering via their website where you will be sent a unique reference number relating to your company. You will then be able to login and modify your company, shareholder and PSC details and file the confirmation statement. Payment of £13 (rather than £40 for the paper alternative) is made during the process using a credit / debit card.