Can I change my company’s accounting date / year end date?

Yes you can, by completing Companies House Form 225. If you are considering changing yours, please contact us and we can advise and assist.

A company can shorten its accounting period but there are restrictions on extending it:

  • You cannot extend a period so that it lasts more than 18 months from the start date of the accounting period
  • You cannot extend the period more than once in a five year period. There are rare exceptions to this rule which can be found on the Companies House website.