We’re on the look out for a forward-thinking Accounts Senior
We’re on a mission to make accounting stress a thing of the past, and to do that we need to grow our fantastic customer service team.
We’re looking for an experienced, people focused, accountant to join our team and continue providing a best-in-class service to our clients.
We’re not your average accountancy practice. We use the latest technology to not only provide a great product to our clients but to help our team focus on pro-active service. We pride ourselves in taking the hassle out of our client’s finances, giving them control and visibility of their business, so they can focus on what’s important to them. We’re award-winning tech innovators who place customer focus at the heart of everything we do.
For all this, we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills. We encourage an open, enthusiastic and inclusive working environment. We believe communication is the key to success. We’re hiring talented, forward-looking problem solvers to help us scale up our business and deliver more than your average accountant.
Your average day
We’re looking for someone that loves helping others so they can make a real difference to our clients. If you prefer to spend your day preparing accounts and tax returns, we don’t think this role is for you.
Day to day you’ll be part of a smart and enthusiastic team. You’ll be working with your team to provide a personalised service that goes the extra mile. You’ll spend some of your time preparing accounts and tax returns, but with our developments in technology, you’ll be spending less time on that, and more time helping our clients.
You’ll be involved with an array of tasks including:
- Onboarding new clients and set them up in our software
- Having consultation calls with new clients
- Assisting juniors members of the team
- Supporting clients directly by email and phone
- Holding regularly calls with clients to help them meet their goals
- Preparing your clients Ltd company accounts and CT returns
- Preparing personal tax returns – Self Assessment and P11Ds
- Reviewing VAT returns
You should apply if you …
- Are AAT level 4 or MAAT or,
- Are studying for ACA/ICAEW or currently qualified (if you’re on an ICAEW apprenticeship we can take this over from your current employer) or,
- Other qualifications considered on a case by case basis
- Have at least 3 years practice experience
- Possess strong numeracy skills
- Are a great problem solving and quick learner – you’ll need to be able to think on your feet
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Take pride in a job well done
- Are personable with a genuine desire to help clients
- Are tech savvy – we’re online in everything we do
- Love being a team player
What we offer
We’re passionate about internal development so there’s real scope for career progression here. We pledge to provide you with all the support you need, and know you’ll be able to rely on your team mates to help you.
- A unique and well-equipped office a five minute walk from Derby City Centre; with good links from Derby, Burton and Nottingham. We’re also part of the cycle to work scheme
- Free parking on-site or less than a 5 minute walk away
- A flexi-time policy with start times between 8-10 am and finish between 4-6 pm
- A mix of being able to work from home or in the office – we’ll kit you out with a laptop, monitors and anything else you need
- AAT and ACA membership and exam fees paid
- Full support with training, qualifications and knowledge gaps in this role
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, and additional holidays for long service
- Paid sick leave
- Profit share
- Freebies, like healthy snacks and freshly ground coffee. Plus, discounts and offers on an range of services and products including groceries, technology and travel
- Business casual dress code
- Plenty of social (optional!) events with our dynamic, friendly team including summer BBQ’s, board game nights, annual Derby 10k runs and the spectacular inni bake-off!
This role has a salary ranging between £21,000 – £25,000 depending on experience.
What happens next
If you’re a talented, future-gazing, problem solver – we want to hear from you! We know moving jobs is a big decision and a stressful change so if you have any questions, ask away by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have your CV and cover letter, we’ll take a look. If we think you’ve got the right skills and experience, we may arrange a quick call to get to know you. If we’re really impressed with your CV, we’ll skip the call and invite you straight in to interview.
If you make selection for interview, we’ll meet either in our offices, or depending on current government guidelines, use zoom for a remote interview.