An advanced feature of inniAccounts is the ability to fully customise your invoice designs using The inniAccounts Invoice design kit.
Invoicing is an essential part of any business and it is important to remember that you are just one of potentially hundreds of companies issuing your client with invoices. By ensuring that you provide clear and accurate invoices you will minimise the potential for non-payment issues.
When designing your invoices, to comply with legal requirements limited companies and VAT registered companies need to include specific information on their invoices. We’ve provided some guidance below.
- The word ‘Invoice’ must be clearly displayed on the document
- Your company name (as it appears on the certificate of incorporation), address & contact information
- A unique invoice number that is sequential from the last invoice issued – You can have different sequences for each contract. For official guidance please refer to the HMRC manual.
- Client’s name / Client’s trading name & address
- Your companies VAT number (if you are VAT registered)
- The date the invoice is issued
- The date of supply
- Description of goods or services
- Quantity of each type of item
- Price per item (excluding VAT)
- Rate of any discount per item
- Total amount
To be included in your invoice body if you are VAT registered
- Rate of VAT charged per item
- Total amount of VAT
- Total amount including & excluding VAT
For further information please read HMRC guidelines on invoicing.