We’re an award winning accountancy practice, looking for a diligent and conscientious individual who loves to provide an excellent client experience and go the extra mile. You’ll join our friendly team, in a role with full support for studies.
About the role
In this role, you’ll personally be looking after clients on a day to day basis, providing them with support in running their businesses and undertaking administrative tasks. You’ll be on hand to provide them with advice, answer questions, as well as completing a number of tasks to help them, including:
- Assisting accountants day to day
- Setting up PAYE and VAT schemes
- Checking and filing of VAT returns
- Liaising with HMRC
- Supporting our clients day to day with queries
- Identify process improvements
- Assist clients with automatic enrolment duties
- Ensure compliance deadlines met on time
You don’t need any prior experience – we’ll provide you with full training, and you can rely on your team-mates to help you. As you’ll be dealing with clients over the phone and by email, you’ll need to be courteous, professional and reliable. Of course, you’ll also need strong numeracy skills – you’ll need 5 GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4, including Maths and English.
In this role, it’s essential that you’re considerate and reliable – you’ll need to manage your own work and make sure you hit your deadlines, including making sure that your daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed. It’s also important that you take pride in getting things right, and doing things well. You will have our full support with this.
Working towards an AAT qualification is optional, and up to you. If you’d like to, we’ll pay for your AAT course and exams, and the team will support you in your studies. This would be an ideal stepping stone for someone wanting to progress to becoming a fully qualified accountant or alternatively someone wanting to focus on a career in client support.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working with numbers and providing excellent client services. We’re passionate about internal development: previous people in this role are still with us and have gone on to become team leaders and qualified accountants so there is a real opportunity to progress.
You will be based in a unique and well-equipped office close to Derby City Centre. It has good links from Derby, Burton and Nottingham.
This role has a salary ranging between £13,000 – £15,500.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also include in our benefits package:
- Flexi-time policy where start times can be between 8 am – 10 am and finish times between 4 pm – 6 pm
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional days holiday for long service
- Paid sick leave
- Profit share
- AAT course and exam fees paid
- Free healthy snacks and freshly ground coffee
- Our dress code is business casual so you won’t have to wear formal clothes.
- Modern and bright offices
- Support with training and qualifications
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts and offers on an range of services and products including groceries, technology, travel, and more
- Plenty of (optional) social events with the friendly and welcoming team including summer BBQs, board game nights, annual Derby 10k runs and the spectacular inni bake-off!
To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV with an accompanying cover letter to Hari Mehta at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We know changing jobs is a big decision and can be stressful. We understand, we’ve all been there!
Once we have your CV and cover letter, we’ll take a look. If we think you’ve the right skills and experience, we may get in contact to ask for a quick chat on the phone to get to know you. If the conversation is promising, we’d then invite you to our offices to meet you and for an interview. If we’re really impressed with your CV, we may skip the call and invite you straight to interview.