We’re on the look out for a forward-thinking Senior Accountant
We’re on a mission to make accounting stress a thing of the past, and to do that we need to grow our fantastic customer service team.
We’re looking for an experienced, people focused, accountant to join our team and continue providing a best-in-class service to our clients.
We’re not your average accountancy practice. We use the latest technology to not only provide a great product to our clients but to help our team focus on pro-active service. We pride ourselves in taking the hassle out of our client’s finances, giving them control and visibility of their business, so they can focus on what’s important to them. We’re award-winning tech innovators who place customer focus at the heart of everything we do.
For all this, we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills. We encourage an open, enthusiastic and inclusive working environment. We believe communication is the key to success. We’re hiring talented, forward-looking problem solvers to help us scale up our business and deliver more than your average accountant.
Your average day
Day to day, you’ll personally be looking after a smart, enthusiastic team. You’ll be supporting them to provide a personalised service that goes the extra mile. You’ll be on hand to provide advice and answer their questions, and complete an array of tasks to help them, including:
- Reviewing accounts, self-assessments & P11d’s
- Supporting clients with complex queries over the phone
- Troubleshooting any issues
- Providing fast and helpful email support
- On boarding new clients
- Managing, training and supporting your team to ensure they have everything they need and are providing the best possible service
- Open communication with senior members of staff, directors and head of client services
You should apply if…
- You’re a qualified accountant with prior experience in a practice or a senior accountant looking to take the next step up
- You love change for the better and want to be at the forefront of innovation
- You’re considerate, reliable and thrive under a deadline
- You take pride in a job well done
- You’re passionate about providing excellent customer service
- You enjoy working with people and problem-solving
- While not essential, experience of managing people would be a bonus!
What we offer
- A unique and well-equipped office a five minute walk from Derby City Centre; with good links from Derby, Burton and Nottingham. We’re also part of the cycle to work scheme
- A flexi-time policy with start times between 8-10am and finish between 4-6pm
- Private healthcare after 12 months of service
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and paid sick leave
- Profit sharing
- Freebies, like healthy snacks and freshly ground coffee. Plus, discounts and offers on an range of services and products including groceries, technology and travel
- Business casual dress code
- Full support with training and qualifications
- Plenty of social events with our dynamic, friendly team including summer BBQ’s, board game nights, annual Derby 10k runs and the spectacular inni bake-off!
We’re passionate about internal development so there’s real scope for career progression here. We pledge to provide you with all the support you need, and know you’ll be able to rely on your team mates to help you.
This role has a salary ranging between £30,000 – £35,000.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV with an accompanying cover letter to Hari Mehta at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next
We know moving jobs is a big decision and a stressful change. So if you have any questions, just let us know.
Once we’ve received your CV and cover letter, we’ll take a look. If we think you’ve got the right skills and experience, we’ll arrange a quick phone call to get to know you. We’ll then invite you to our offices for a full interview. If we’re really impressed with your CV, we’ll skip the call and invite you straight in to interview.
If you’re a talented, future-gazing, problem solver – we want to hear from you!
Not sure this role is for you? Take a look at our other opportunities or shoot us your CV anyway, we’re always on the lookout for the best new talent.