Looking for a new accountancy role near Derby? Come and join our brilliant team at an award-winning practice.
Are you an ambitious semi-senior accountant looking for an opportunity to work with a forward-thinking, tech-savvy firm that truly values its employees? Here at The Inni Group, we’re on a mission to transform accountancy for small business owners by delivering hassle-free tax and compliance solutions that leverage tech and automation. We are seeking a talented and experienced semi-senior accountant to join our diverse, enthusiastic, and supportive team.
What sets us apart:
At The Inni Group, we’re not your average accountancy firm. We’re leading the charge in revolutionising accountancy through cutting-edge technology and innovation. We’ve made significant investments in IT, we’ve built our own accounting app, and our multidisciplinary team includes experts in software engineering, marketing, client success, and operations.
We’ve won numerous awards, including the Practice Excellence Pioneer Award, Independent Firm of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, and the Queen’s Award for Innovation.
Why you’ll love working with us:
High performing, family-like atmosphere: We foster a high-trust, collaborative environment where everyone works together to achieve our goals. You’ll never feel micromanaged, but you will feel supported by our ambitious and caring team. We’re looking for motivated and driven individuals, and we’ll provide the resources and support you need to excel in your role.
Growth opportunities: People progress quickly at The Inni Group. We’re committed to your professional development and offer opportunities for growth, internal development programs, and support for continuous learning. Beyond professional qualifications, we can support you to develop new skills, particularly around technology and automation.
Flexible working: We believe in personal accountability and productivity. We offer hybrid working and you can also enjoy flexibility in your hours. Our well-located office is in a historic Victorian railway building near Derby city centre, with easy access to transport options.
Fantastic benefits: Enjoy an annual profit-sharing scheme, paid birthday leave, additional holidays for long service, paid sick pay, private health insurance, and access to a confidential employee assistance helpline.
Active social calendar: Have fun with our company-funded social events, including Christmas parties, summer BBQs, and team 10k runs (running optional).
Your role will involve:
- Onboarding and consulting with new clients
- Preparing limited company accounts and CT returns
- Preparing personal tax returns
- Reviewing accounts and returns prepared by junior team members
- Supporting clients via email and phone
- Owning and improving your own set of internal processes
- Contributing to the company’s growth goals
What we’re looking for:
- A semi-senior accountant (4+ years of solid experience) with a passion for technology and innovation
- Someone who embodies our values of brilliance, fresh thinking, empathy, continuous learning, and client-centric thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- MAAT or part qualified ACA/ACCA
- Our clients are predominantly professional services businesses and property investors. Knowledge, experience and passion for these segments would be welcome, but not a deal-breaker!