Digital operations and compliance manager
Are you excited how technology is rapidly changing the way we work and live? Do you want to be part of a challenger business? Are you hungry in your career to make a real difference? If that’s the case, keep reading …
We’re searching for someone to join us on our aim to provide cutting-edge accounting services. You will report to the COO and serve as the “right hand” of the senior management team, collaborating closely with them to ensure the company’s seamless functioning. You’ll be in charge of developing, building, and managing our operations, as well as ensuring that they’re in line with our company’s objectives.
This role will offer a high level of autonomy and participation in the efficient operation of our businesses. You’ll obtain a solid grasp of our businesses, allowing you to flourish and thrive within them.
You will implement our digital operating strategy as well as the management of our digital platforms. You will focus on continuous improvement utilising lean approaches and technology, as well as contributing in the delivery of a market-leading customer experience.
You’ll oversee our adherence to complex legislation as well as maintain the company’s internal policies and procedures. You will manage audits to ensure risk mitigation and the delivery of necessary changes.
- Develop and manage scalable, digital procedures across our entire organisation
- Encourage ongoing continuous improvement by posing a healthy challenge to the way things are done
- Development of analytics and data aggregation to help in actionable decision making
- Assisting with client-facing projects to provide best-in-class customer service
- Compliance management and ensuring accountability maintained
- Process monitoring and auditing to ensure quality standards are met
- Collaborating with our in-house development team to provide seamless, effective services
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, ideally 6 years
- Degree qualification in a related field (not essential, but preferred)
- Configuration of digital platforms and digital operations management
- Thorough understanding of digital service life cycle
- Cross function collaboration experience with frontline teams, dev teams and senior management
- Proven track record of making recommendations based on complex multilevel data
- Track record of business process design and modelling
- Lean methodologies
- GDPR, AML, FCA or any other complex legislation
- Risk management
- Data and analytics – ideally PowerBI
Accounts seniors & semi-senior accountants
We’re currently recruiting experienced accounts seniors, and semi-senior accountants to join our professional and enthusiastic team. You’ll be providing a personalised service to clients that goes the extra mile. You’ll spend some of your time preparing accounts and tax returns, as well as helping our clients via phone calls and email.
You’ll be involved with an array of tasks including:
- Onboarding new clients and set them up in our software
- Having consultation calls with new clients
- Assisting juniors members of the team
- Supporting clients directly by email and phone
- Holding regularly calls with clients to help them meet their goals
- Preparing your client’s limited company accounts and CT returns
- Preparing personal tax returns – Self Assessment and P11Ds
- Reviewing VAT returns
You’ll be expected to have experience in public practice. This experience will be built on and you will develop well-rounded skills across different areas, including corporation tax, self-assessment tax, VAT and PAYE. It is likely you will work across both of our accountancy brands, serving consultants & contractors, and property investors.
You should ideally hold, or be on a path to gaining accountancy qualifications, such as AAT or ACA. If you’re currently on an ICAEW apprenticeship it’s possible to transfer this to Inni.
You’ll be supported by fellow accountants and a team who provide administrative support to you and your clients. You’ll be reporting to a senior accountant who will oversee your professional development.
The Inni Group is friendly and sociable, and offers a welcoming environment. You will receive a competitive salary, funding for studies and other additional benefits.
Client Account Manager / AAT trainee
We’re looking for a Client Account Manager / AAT trainee due to internal promotions. In this role, you’ll be responsible for a portfolio of clients and helping them day-to-day. You’ll be on hand to assist them with their questions as well as complete a variety of activities, such as:
- Support with company incorporation, PAYE and VAT
- Checking and filing of VAT returns
- Assisting clients with their duties at Companies House and with work place pensions
- Liaising with HMRC
- Supporting day to day questions
- Providing assistance with the use of our online accounting software
- Ensure deadlines met on time
Are you thinking about starting a career in accounting or have you already started? If so, this position could be ideal for you if you have an accounting-related degree or have begun your AAT studies. You don’t need any previous experience; we’ll train you and your teammates will be there to assist you.
You’ll need to be courteous, confident, and professional when communicating with clients over the phone and via email. Of course, good numeracy skills are essential.
You must be a self starter and dependable as you’ll be responsible for managing your own workload and deadlines. It’s also important that you take pride in completing tasks right first time.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to train towards being a fully qualified accountant or someone who wants a career in client service within accountancy. We’re big on internal development: many of our team who began in this role are still here and have progressed to become team leaders and accountants, so there’s a lot of room for advancement.
Our team has been operating from home for the past 12 months. We’re about to implement flexible working which will include a combination of office and remote work. Our offices are located in a one-of-a-kind business complex near Derby City Centre with easy access from Burton and Nottingham.
This role has a salary ranging between £13,000 – £17,500.